I went in today for another ultrasound and bloodwork. It’s CD16 and the doctor said I continue to have a zillion eggs, but they’re all still really small. He said I could either wait and come back in four or five more days and see if they’ve started doing anything. Or I could take Clo.mid and see if that gets things to move along. The doctor was not my usual one, but the other one in the practice. This guy is not as good at explaining things or as patient as Dr. Y, which was frustrating. I asked both him and my nurse about the pros and cons of these options, but don’t feel like I got very satisfying answers. I have a call into my nurse to try to ask again (and to ask the question I forgot to ask, which is about how high the risk of multiples would be if I do try Clo.mid, given that I have so many eggs to start with). Given that this is my first ever monitored cycle, it feels like it’s hard to know whether it’s likely that things will eventually develop more on their own. And will I miss some window of opportunity to do something if I just wait?
Fortunately, I got to come home from the frustrating and confusing appointment to my little family. Roo is off today, and she’s the one who called the nurse to try to get more answers. Tad is being charming–he entertained himself by looking at endless pictures of fire trucks on Google Images while Roo and I talked about the appointment. And he is currently creating some amazing artwork with pom-poms.